2014年10月11日星期六

Supplement for week 5 —— Recommendation of others' slog

After viewing some others SLOG, I found I may forget to mention important point of proof.

Basically it is about the general structure of the proof. For the statement of A implies B, we use "Assume" to stipulate all the assumptions are true and in implication the assumption should be true, otherwise we cannot falsify it. Then we use "Let" to illustrate the relation between A and B, by this way we get the A implies B. We use "Then" to indicate the assumption of statement is correspond with the implication.

Here I want to recommend the slog:
http://165timeslogically.blogspot.ca/

The slog has a good format of writing the structure of proof:

  "Assume .........
           Assume.......
              Let (here you define your variables)
              Prove! (here you do the proof!)
           Then... (you show that you assumption is valid)
   Then ... (here, you have proven the whole statement)"

The indentation here is very important as it implies the logic of each sentence just like Python does.

We are not required to complete the whole proof these days, but it is still important to know about the structure as it is the basis.   

没有评论:

发表评论